Pole&rsquos Card can be issued only to a person without Polish citizenship or permanent residence permit in the territory of the Republic of Poland. An appropriate body issuing Pole&rsquos Cards is the consul by the applicant&rsquos place of residence.
Consequently, on basis of abovementioned provisions there are no legal obstacles preventing a person having a temporary residence permit in Poland to file an application for obtaining Pole&rsquos Card, if he or she has fulfilled all conditions of getting the card. This application is forwarded to the Consulate of the Republic of Poland by the applicant&rsquos place of residence, i.e. in the migrant&rsquos country of descent.
If the foreigner wants to arrange the procedure in Poland, he or she can file an application for permanent residence permit because of Polish descent, i.e. under it.3, par.1, art. 195 of Law &ldquoOn Foreigners&rdquo. Under the law the permanent residence permit is issued to a foreigner of Polish descent, who is going to settle in Poland permanently.
For determination of Polish descent provisions of Law &ldquoOn Repatriation&rdquo are applied. Under the law a person of Polish descent is acknowledged the one, who announces of his or her Polish descent and fulfills the following conditions: at least one of his or her parents or grandmother/grandfather or both grandmother and grandfather were Poles approve his or her connection with Polish roots, knowledge of Polish language, cultivation of Polish customs and traditions.
Evidence of Polish descent can be documents issued by Polish state authorities or churchdom and authorities of the former USSR related to the applicant of his or her parents, grandparents or great-grandparents, namely:
- Polish documents confirming identity
- acts of civil status or their extracts or certificates of baptism
- documents confirming performance of active duty in Polish Armed Forces containing a record of Polish nationality
- documents confirming identity  or other official documents containing a record of Polish nationality.
Evidence of Polish descent can be other documents, in particular:
- documents of rehabilitation of a forcibly displaced or persecuted person containing a record of Polish nationality
- documents confirming the fact of persecution of a person because of his or her Polish descent.